Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Week ending 7/12

The more you run, the better you'll get.

Total miles
: 92

Workouts: Wednesday- 2x1mile, 2x800 with 2 minutes rest. 5:23, 5:24, 2:35, 2:33.

Race: Run of the Mill 5k- 16:17, 12th.

Overall, it was a successful week. Wednesday I hoped to do 3x1mile and work down from half marathon to 5k pace. But the heat made running much faster than 5:20 pretty tough. The 800s were a solid mid workout compromise.

Racing also went well. I've learned to stop checking my watch when I race. I dial in on those around me and get settled. Looking at my watch throws me into a panic- "Am I too fast? Why am I so slow? God this doesn't feel good." The first mile was hard as it was an entirely steady uphill. It's followed by a downhill that isn't down enough, and winds on a path. The last mile is entirely downhill but the damage is already done. I settled into 5:15-5:20 until the final downhill.

The legs are tired but I feel like I'm turning a corner. My aerobic system feels good, and I settle into 6:45-7:00 once I'm warmed up (and awake!).

Onward to 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment