Saturday, July 26, 2014

String it together

Run where you're at, not where you want to be.

Mileage: 90.8
Workout: (Wed) 4x1 mile with 3 min rest, cutdown style- 5:21, 5:15, 5:14, 5:08.
Race: Seafair Torchlight 8k- 25:58 for 7th (course was .15-.17 short!). 

The challenge of 3, 4, 5 weeks of higher mileage is the cumulative fatigue. The daily runs feel fine- after about 30-40 minutes! The first few miles are "why am I doing this? Sleeping would be so much better!" 

The upside is daily runs are consistently in the 7:00-7:10 range on average. Usually the first mile or two is slow (7:30-7:45) followed by some miles sub 7. The new challenge is to fit in my core work more consistently. I often veg out on the couch, opting to relax instead. If 2-3 of those days had core work I think my running would improve. 

On tap this week: longish runs of 11-16 instead of double days. No real workout- maybe 4-6 miles around marathon pace as part of a longer run. Marathon training is around the corner, so I want to feel fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment