Sunday, January 17, 2016

Finding the trail

Back in October I was supposed to run the Twin Cities Marathon. That didn't happen due to a hamstring pull related to nerve shearing in my back. Synapses not firing appropriately, compensation to ensure proper movement, an end result of a hamstring that simply said "enough."

Fast forward to January and I'm back to training. It's been about 8-10 weeks of consistent training, and the end result is mixed. Do I still have pain? Some. It dissipated and then returned. Do I have more range of motion? Some. Same as above. As my PT exercises are done, I do well. As I drift off, pain returns. I need to keep at it.

This week: 57.99 miles. No races. 2 workouts: Tuesday float 400s, 400 on and 400 off (74-75 avg. fastest 72); Wednesday 4 x 1600 (513, 512, 512, 518). Lead balloon was dropped on the last half mile of the final rep. Getting there.

Next up: Monday indoor track workout, Thursday long reps, Saturday tempo and 2 mile XC race.

No comments:

Post a Comment