Saturday, February 14, 2015

5000 meters as fast as you can...

Today was the Valentine's Day 5k. It was a chance to test my fitness, and see where I was at. Workouts seemed to point to something under 16. How far? Optimism said 15:40s. Pessimistic? 15:59.9

Welp, 15:58 it is! A new official PR. I ran 15:58 indoors last year during a training session. This was a chance to get it officially in the books! Job done.

I ran 5:04, 5:11, 5:09, 33. We'd strung out early and it was 10-25 meters between each of us in the top 6. By the 3rd mile I was stranded. Thankfully a buddy hopped in... Probably shouldn't have, but he wanted to run along. It was the best thing possible. I needed it. Otherwise I'd have run 5:17 for the last mile and missed it. 

Where to next? Hot Chocolate 15k and marathon training. So cheers with some Nuun (Orange flavor!) and keep grinding.

No comments:

Post a Comment