Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year, New Goals

Welcome to 2015! I rang in the New Year with a tidy 16:08 at my club's Resolution Run back on New Year's Day. It is the fastest outdoor time I've run in years, and fastest 5k since my indoor 5k time trial of 15:58 in March. I ran splits of 5:11, 5:11, 5:15, :31 (hunch is last 1.12 is off slightly, as 31 is... Super goal pace!).

Winter break is done, long gone actually. I amassed weeks of 74 and 86 during the two weeks off from teaching. What I didn't do was sleep enough, making me quite run down that first week back. Now the fun starts of balancing home, work, and run. 6am wake ups for 7:15am runs of a 90 minutes are done. It's back to squeezing in 60-75 minutes right after getting home (sometimes at that in between- not real easy, but not marathon pace). 

What are my goals and resolutions for the year?
Goal 1-A shiny new 5k PR. As far under 15:58 as I can go.
Goal 2- faster at 10k-1/2 marathon. Goes without saying, but they pale to the 5k. In my opinion, if the 5k goes the others will follow.
Goal 3- 2:29. Marathon. Next.

Resolution 1: Aim for 2 or fewer days off a month. Consistency breeds success. Rest can be days off, or can be days of easy miles.
Resolution 2: Core & strength work 3 times a week. It's the work I need to do for form, efficiency, but I often slack off in doing.
Resolution 3: write about running more often- 1x a week. Telling others what you did, and how it went is another mode of accountability.

What's next?


No comments:

Post a Comment