Sunday, December 14, 2014

December Re-Start

The past 2 weeks have been up and down. After hitting 70 miles to kick off December, I hit another 70. Somehow or another I felt that a month out from the marathon was a good time to amp back up. I would come to find out I needed a rest week.

How did I get to the realization of needing to rest? Upon finishing my long run my Achilles seemed tight. So I went through MONDAY expecting to run only to feel dog tired (day off number 1). Then on Wednesday I ate poorly, leading to poor energy (day off number 2). After a short Friday run, I was back at the workout grind for Saturday- 5 sets of 5 minutes in 5:40 pace, with 2 minutes off followed by 2.5 miles at 5:55 per mile.

Bottom line is I need to reboot. As December rolls around, staying on track is tough due to family, and work demands. I just need to stay focused on getting a good start heading into half marathon and 5k training. 

Later this week I plan to sketch out some training modifications- ie ways to hit super goal pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment